MAKE A PERFECT CUP OF TEA
I am please with how much I learned making this project. I got to understand jquery a lot better, even though I was holding Thom’s hand through it all. I became much more familiar with the layout of jquery. Overall, I am happy with the look, functionality, and css functions.
I couldn’t figure out a timer plug in, I spent hours researching plug ins and none of them had an editable timer where you can insert whatever value you’d like. I found one plug in that allowed for you to plug a number in but it counted up to the number and when it reached the time it didn’t alarm or alert, the numbers just kept counting up. Useless timer. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction and I can add this step in!
A small think I’d like to adjust is asking what type of tea twice. This was challenging to wrap my brain around since the selection has different values. AND… I need to add more tea type as there are more than just these 7.
Overall, I’m pleased where this arrived at and I’m happy to see my concept come alive. Making a perfect cup of tea at home.
I had big plans for this site, many changes happened along the way, and I feel sort of satisfied with the final product. Looking at my first draft, it was a very different site. No interactivity. Just my story of what I think is a perfect pack and you should too. Kinda pushy. After talking to you, I had so many ideas for making it a guide to help other make packing a not so dreaded experience. The only concept I wish I could add from my original idea is the personalized pdf that the user creates and could print up or digitally check off. That would take this concept and user experience to the next level.
I learned a lot making this site and hopefully I can use elements in the future. I felt so accomplished getting the scrolling, weather selector, packing meter, and tooltips. I got good feedback during my critic and would like to work on this site in portfolio class. Things to make happen: selected clothing with number of items, clear/restart the packing meter button, adding the pdf feature for a personalized list, clearer icons for suitcases, pacing between packing content (red bar?), introduction to packing action, a small lightbulb or information button to clue tooltip usage…and probably a lot more.
My biggest challenge was learning brackets and cyberduck when my Coda crashed. On the flip side I now understand how that process works. But I have my fingers crossed for Coda to start working. Overall, I am pleased with everything I learned while making this site and looking forward to polishing it.
Project 2 Moodboards and Digital Mock ups
Thank you for showing me how to use Brackets and Cyberduck. I think I understand it now.
I resized all my images and renamed the web address. Here is the updated version.
Here is the link.
My Coda crashed so this isn’t the updated version.
Here are more comps. Hopefully the actions and words i wrote will eventually come to life. I got most of the HTML and CSS stylized. I will probably add more clothing items to better utilize the weather feature. I haven’t traveled too much in the winter so this has been challenging. Hoping to apply the jQuery we learned in class to this site. Adding some parallax and smooth scrolling soon.
Here is the link.
I forgot to post my CSS Diner. Here it is.
//download link to stellar
link_target = $(this).attr(‘link’);
curr_page_no = $(this).attr(‘page’);
if(direction == ‘up’) curr_page_no = curr_page_no – 1;